Monday, July 12, 2010

Fireworks in Tahoe!

Congratulations to Tamsyn! You’ve won One Snowy Knight by Deborah MacGillivray. I’ll send you an e-mail to get your snail mail or you can email me on skully at skullybuzz dot com.

I have a wonderful new offering for this blog. Laura Griffin was nice enough to provide a signed copy of her newest release, Unspeakable. While I was in Tahoe, I had the great pleasure of reading the book, and it was a wonderful romantic suspense! I loved the chemistry between Elaina and Troy, and the mystery was done extremely well, very believable and tense. I’d call it an FBI profiler/serial killer book. This is the second in a series, Untraceable was the first, and I can hardly wait for the next book, Unforgivable, which will be feature Mia and Santos from Unspeakable. Their exchanges were combustible, and I’m dying to read their story, too. Thanks to Laura for providing the book!

I just returned from a week in Tahoe, which is why I’m a week late on putting out this blog. The weather was gorgeous up there! We watched the fireworks set off on the lake. They did a fantastic job. I haven’t stayed up late enough to see fireworks in years! My camera isn’t really designed for fireworks, but here’s a taste. They shoot the fireworks off from a barge in the middle of the lake, and we were lucky enough to be able to see another set from Beacon Bay (at least that’s what someone said) behind us. Double the pleasure!


Of course, my family and I did a lot of hiking, sometimes right out our back door and sometimes up into the mountains. This waterfall was on the way to Grass Lake. There was a little cabin perched on the side of it overlooking. Wow, wouldn't that be the coolest place to have your Tahoe cabin!


We also took my mom on a really nice walk along a fire road out of Meeks Bay. She loved it! And she walked for 2.5 miles! This is a photo of Mom, my sister, and my sister-in-law. Would you look at that lupin, too? Gorgeous. Needless to say, we all had a wonderful time!

So, what are your summer holiday plans? Leave a comment and your contact e-mail address and I’ll enter you in the drawing for Laura Griffin’s Unspeakable. I’ll also add you to my newsletter for updates if you aren’t already a member.

12 comments:

Jennifer Skully/Jasmine Haynes said...

Happy Monday, everyone!

Unknown said...

We really don't have any summer holiday plans, my son is home from school, so just spending time with him and working on the house! Right now he is setting with his grandfather while his grandmother went to do her shopping. His grandfather fell and broke his arm over the weekend and he is 86 years old and having a hard time right now!

lead[at]hotsheet[dot]com

Jennifer Skully/Jasmine Haynes said...

I'm sure you're so glad to have your son home for the summer, Virginia. Sorry to hear about his grandfather's fall. I hope he recovers as quickly as possible. And what a wonderful grandson to spend time looking after him!

Fedora said...

What a lovely week it sounds like you enjoyed! We're just enjoying some summer lazing about, and plan to head to San Diego in a few weeks to hang out with friends :) Looking forward to that! Happy summer, Jasmine!

f dot chen at comcast dot net

Estella said...

Sounds like you had a great stay at Tahoe!

My summer plans are staying home and enjoying my yard and garden and sleeping in my own bed.

Estella said...

forgot my email.

kissinoak at verizon dot net

Jennifer Skully/Jasmine Haynes said...

San Diego sounds like a great destination, Fedora! Have a great trip!

I have to admit, Estella, that I always like coming home to my own bed after I've been away! There's no place like home!

Tamsyn said...

Thanks, Jasmine, for the book. As for my summer holidays, hubby and I will be staying put at home, just lazing around. It is just too hot to go anywhere! :o)
tamsyn5@yahoo.com

mariska said...

My summer plan, spending it with my 4 yos Son, and hubby :)

i will bake them our favorite brownies..and i need to read lots of my TBR piles :D

uniquas at ymail dot com

Jennifer Skully/Jasmine Haynes said...

Lazing around is a perfect summer activity, Tamsyn! And you're welcome on the book. Congratulations on winning!

Ooh, cookies, Mariska. Sounds wonderful!

CrystalGB said...

We are doing remodeling projects this summer. So, we want be taking a vacation.

crystal816[at]hotmail[dot]com

Jennifer Skully/Jasmine Haynes said...

But won't it feel great to get those remodeling projects done, Crystal!

 

Customized Blog by Author Designs