Monday, June 21, 2010

Silly Things We Collect

You have an extra week to post and enter the book contest! I'll be on vacation in Tahoe. So post away!

Thanks to Bella, Anne and Laura for stopping by the last blog! And Elaine, you’re the lucky winner of Laura Griffin’s Whisper of Warning. I think you’re going to love it! I’ll e-mail you for your address. Yes, I do have it, but my computer crashed (totally dead-dead-dead) and the address is on that one! Not to worry; the techs are working on it now and will create miracles!

Okay, so, I’ve been working out in my garden. I don’t have grass; we live in the mountains. I have redwood and pine and oak. And a LOT of weeds! So I’ve been cleaning out the weeds (has to be done once a year, fire danger, you know). But I got this weird need to make a dinosaur garden. Hmm, it’s a rock garden with plastic dinosaurs. I sent my husband down to the local thrift store to see what interesting dinosaurs he could find. Actually, I sent him a couple of weeks ago and my neighbor works there so he asked her to be on the lookout. Well, oh my God, when he went there on Saturday, she’d collected a whole box for me! Call me a child, but I had a lot of fun setting my little dinosaurs out. I think I need more rocks, though. And I think I need to move the garden so that it’s right outside my office window. Then I can see my dinosaurs going to the water hole. Call me crazy, but ya gotta have a little fun in life. And since I don’t have kids to make a dinosaur garden, I had to do it myself.

So, feel like revealing your silly, or even your not-so-silly collections? Let’s have some fun with this. Leave a comment and your contact e-mail address and I’ll enter you in the drawing for One Snowy Knight by Deborah MacGillivray. It’s a medieval, and I love them! I’ll also add you to my newsletter for updates if you aren’t already a member.

And don’t miss the Tote Blog, I’ll be over there on July 2nd giving away something fun!

12 comments:

Jennifer Skully/Jasmine Haynes said...

Happy Monday, everyone!

Tamsyn said...

Happy Monday, Jasmine! I enjoyed your post on your dinosaur garden. I collect figurines of horses and horse-related items like horseshoe, riding crop, etc. I have china horses, wooden horses, ceramic, glass, bronze, plastic, 3D puzzle horse, cloth, cross-stitch, .... I count unicorns and pegasus as well. Am I weird? But they make me happy!

Estella said...

Your dinosaur garden looks cute.

I collect hummingbird windchimes---have close to a hundred.

Estella said...

Forgot my email address.

kissinoak at verizon dot net

Rita said...

I love your little garden!! You never even mentioned this, and we totally share everything!

Hmm, what do I collect besides drama and chaos? [thinking] Uh ... suns, moons, and stars. [grin]

Jennifer Skully/Jasmine Haynes said...

Unicorns and pegasus, I love them, too, Tamsyn. and I do have my own collection of them, too. I've also got teapots and cloisonne eggs! Like you, I have a lot of collections. And they make me happy!

Hummingbird windchimes sound wonderful, Estella.

Suns, moons, and stars are perfect, Rita. And I only just set up the dinosaur garden this weekend. and because of the computer issues, that's probably why I didn't mention it. And also because I'm a freak, LOL!

Unknown said...

I use to collect pigs. I have them all over the top of my kitchen cabinets, so I gave up on them and now collect thimbles from different places. They take up less room. I just don't have many of them!

lead[at]hotsheet[dot]com

Jennifer Skully/Jasmine Haynes said...

Pigs are great, Virginia, but LOL, you're right, thimbles are smaller!

Pat L. said...

This is my first time here. Looks like a nice place to hang out.

Jennifer Skully/Jasmine Haynes said...

Thanks, Pat! There's always book giveaways here and whacky chats. If you'd like to leave your email, I can enter you in the contest.

Andrea I said...

I loved the dinosaur garden. Many years ago, I collected Precious Moments figurines and I even have some of the original Beanie Babies. I now collect author freebies and autographs.

ainfinger@comcast.net

Jennifer Skully/Jasmine Haynes said...

I'm so glad you liked my dinosaur garden, Andrea! And you've got some original beanie babies! That must be a great collection. Thanks for stopping by!

 

Customized Blog by Author Designs