Monday, July 26, 2010

New Places to go!

Congratulations to Virginia! You’ve won Laura Griffin’s Unspeakable. You’re going to love this book! It was great. I’ll send you an e-mail to get your snail mail or you can email me on skully at skullybuzz dot com. And let’s all wish Laura good luck. At the upcoming Romance Writers of America National conference in Orlando, she’s up for both a Rita Award (the most prestigious Romance award) and the Daphne DuMaurier Award for romantic suspense. I won the Daphne for my first book Sex and the Serial Killer, and I can tell you it was the greatest honor. Good luck, Laura!

I have another great book to offer, Taming Her Irish Warrior by Michelle Willingham. I really loved this story, and it’s also another Rita nominee in the historical category. Good luck to Michelle, too! I’ll be announcing the winner on my next blog on Aug 16.

I have a diners club card for earning extra airline miles. And they’ve always got these little specials they’re running. The truth is we don’t eat often, I mostly cook, but I’m on this mileage kick now because I’m saving to go to RWA in New York next year. So, this month, if you go to a new restaurant within the network, you get an extra 500 miles. Who wouldn’t want that? My husband and his brother are working on fixing up the garage, adding new shelves, cleaning out all the detritus of from the million years we’ve lived here, and as payment I took them out to a new restaurant. It was just plain American food, hamburgers, BBQ pork sandwiches. There was a Harley motorcycle club having lunch there, too. And the place is only 5 miles from my house. I don’t know why we’ve never been there before! Anyway, we had a great time, I had a Maui burger with pineapple and Teriyaki. And I earned all those extra miles! Now, if I go out on a Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday, I get double miles, plus the bonus miles if we try somewhere new! So I’m taking my mother to dinner on Monday to a new Chinese place that she’s never gone to before. She thinks it’s great fun, and Chinese is one of her favorites, though she’s pretty fond of Panda Express. It’s hard to tear her away!

So, what are your favorite restaurants or sinful foods? Leave a comment and your contact e-mail address and I’ll enter you in the drawing for Michelle’s Taming Her Irish Warrior. I’ll also add you to my newsletter for updates if you aren’t already a member.

Don’t forget to stop by the Tote Blog on Aug 3rd. I’ll be offering Fair Game as a prize. And on the next Jasmine blog, I’ll be telling you all about my August 17th release, Take Your Pick. Speaking of which, here’s the cover by Croco Designs. Isn't it great! Stop by the site for a sneak preview!

4 comments:

Jennifer Skully/Jasmine Haynes said...

Happy Monday! Congratulations, Virginia!

Estella said...

Wtg, Virginia!
I very seldom eat out, so have no favorite restaurants or even sinful foods.
My husband id a meat and potatoes guy, so that is what we have.

Unknown said...

Thanks Jasmine!

I can't say I have a favorite restaurant, we don't eat out much and if we do its fast food. I usually cook about every day. Although I do get tired of cooking and I don't want what I fix.

lead[at]hotsheet[dot]com

Jennifer Skully/Jasmine Haynes said...

Here-here for meat and potatoes! I think they're great, Estelle!

Cooking every day is very healthy, Virginia. For the most part, I like to cook for my husband, especially since I work from home. It's easy to stop work, start dinner, get it cooking, then back to the office for a little more work!

 

Customized Blog by Author Designs