Monday, June 17, 2013

From Parts to Cobra!


My husband’s AC Roadster is finally ready! It’s been a long haul building this kit car, but it was well worth the wait. Besides he had tons of fun.

The parts arrived on November 2, 2010. Here’s the Cobra in boxes! The engine and transmission will be purchased separately at a later date.

 


The body still on the truck. It’s fiberglass and comes prefabbed from the factory. His Cobra is on the top. Red is not the final color. It will have to be painted after everything is assembled.

 


Work is progressing! We've got an engine!

 


The body can finally be put on the frame! My sister gets her first test drive! There's still work to be done (see, no headlights, no trim, no windshield or mirrors or roll bar!) and the Cobra needs a paint job.

 


And here she is, licensed, insured, and ready to roll. What a beauty!

 


Doesn't he look as happy as a pig in…a beautiful AC Roadster!

 


See any similarities?


And I’m ready to race!

 


It took two and a half years, but it kept him busy out in the garage. He probably could have finished it a lot faster if I didn’t keep a rein on the purse strings!

Laguna Seca Raceway here we come!

Just a reminder about the promotions going on right now! You can try Dead to the Max for free. It’s available on all the major sites. So grab your copy now! Amazon Nook iBookstore Kobo Smashwords All Romance.

I’ve also got my first audiobook out! The whole experience of creating the audio version of She’s Gotta Be Mine was great. I found a fabulous narrator in June Wayne, and I hope you’ll think so, too. I hope you’ll pop over to Audible to listen to an excerpt!

No comments:

 

Customized Blog by Author Designs