Monday, January 17, 2011

It’s still Happy New Year!!!

Finally I have all my calendars up! I don’t know why, but there’s a weird sense of excitement about what goes up on the wall. This year I splurged and bought a Norwegian Elkhound calendar for my hubby for Christmas. Yes, I paid full price and bought it two months before Christmas (because I got free shipping). Norwegian Elkhound calendars are hard to find, so I started looking early. Isn’t the picture adorable, almost as adorable as my own little Star! So that took care of my husband’s office. Now for mine! After Jan 1, armed with my Borders Bucks, I went shopping for the sale items! Who knows what’s going to be left after the Xmas rush! Luckily, there were still tons of James Bond calendars left, with all the different Bonds over the years. Sean Connery and the new Bond, Daniel Craig, are my favorites. But of course, when I got home, you know what happened. My husband confiscated Bond, and I got the Elkhound calendar! I wonder if I actually planned it that way, hee hee.

So what calendar do you use? And do you wait to buy it until after the new year starts? And who’s your favorite Bond?!

Leave a comment and your contact e-mail address and I’ll enter you in the drawing for a copy of The Night We Kissed by Laurie Brown. I’ll announce the winner on my next blog, and I’ll also add you to my newsletter for updates if you aren’t already a member. And congratulations to Jane, winner of Laura Griffin’s Unforgivable from my previous blog. Please email me on skully at skullybuzz dot com, Jane, and I’ll get the book sent out to you!

Don’t forget to stop by and check out Dead to the Max and Evil to the Max for the first time in print and Mine Until Morning, Book 3 in my Courtesans Tales.

10 comments:

Jennifer Skully/Jasmine Haynes said...

Happy MLK Day! I hope we're all remembering.

Estella said...

I use free calendars given by our town merchants.

Sean Connery will always be my favorite Bond.

kissinoak at frontier dot com

Jane said...

Happy MLK Day. Like Estella, the ones we use are free, too. I got a cute one from Nat Geo(for being a magazine subscriber.) I really like Daniel Craig, but I was skeptical when he was first cast as Bond.

Rosemary Gunn said...

I know you're going to find this hard to believe, Jas ... but I'm not really a Bond fan. [shrug] I do love Sean Connery though.

Studs 'n Spurs is the calendar I would have enjoyed having in my office, but since I'm not the only one who uses the office, I went with something playful this year. Gary Patterson's Funny Cats.

Kirsten said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer Skully/Jasmine Haynes said...

You're so good and thrifty, Estella, and supporting your local merchants, too. And ya gotta love Sean!

The National Geo calendar sounds great, Jane. I agree, I was skeptical, too, on the new Bond, but he's very good. I liked the first movie better than the second, though.

Oh my God, Rosemary, not a Bond Fan!!?? I love your choice of calendars, both the one you wanted and the one you got!

the metal calendar sounds cool, Kirsten!

Jane said...

Hi Jasmine,
I wanted to let you know I received the book last week. I emailed you a few times, but they all bounced back. Thanks.

Unknown said...

I use a free calendar that my husband brings from work. I just have to look at bull dozers all year. Sean Connery is my favorite Bond.

lead[at]hotsheet[dot]com

Jennifer Skully/Jasmine Haynes said...

Yes, Jane, I'm having trouble with my skullybuzz email address. So thank you for posting here. I'm glad you received the book.

Virginia, I hope those are very exciting bulldozers!

desere_steenberg said...

Great post and a stunning contest thank you ! I use animal calenders given by the vets and other animal orgnizations because I simply adore animals. Along with reading animals are my greatest passion !

Keep well and all the best
Desere

desere_steenberg@yahoo.com
(desere underscore at yahoo dot com)

 

Customized Blog by Author Designs