Monday, September 3, 2012

Twisted By Love, Reincarnation Tales, Book 1

Have you ever wondered about past lives, reincarnation, life after death? Did you love the film Dead Again? I’ve always been fascinated with reincarnation from the time I read The Reincarnation of Peter Proud. And, as I’ve told you in other blogs, I’ve had my own reincarnation experience while under regression hypnosis. You can read about the past life I said I had in the book, because I gave it to my heroine! Hint, I’ve always been afraid of snakes! Naturally with all this interest in reincarnation, I would eventually write one. So, without further ado, here’s a blurb and excerpt of Twisted by Love, Reincarnation Tales, Book 1.

A love that spans lifetimes, an evil that has followed them through the ages...

Bern Daniels doesn’t believe in ghosts, UFOs, or reincarnation, but when he sees Livie Scott, it’s as if he’s known her forever. Now he can’t get her out of his mind. He wants her in his bed and in his life. For keeps. He’s even starting to believe they’ve lived past lives together.

Will jealousy out of the past come back to destroy their future?

Livie is unaccountably drawn to the tall, dark stranger. He literally sweeps her off her feet. And she’s oh so willing to let him. But her sister Toni is planted firmly in her path to happiness. Livie has been forced to choose between a man and Toni before; is she destined to play the same twisted game with her sister over and over?

Livie and Bern soon discover there are shadows lurking from their past, past lives that is, which threaten everything they believe in, everything they want. And even their lives.

Twisted by Love, Reincarnation Tales, Book 1
Copyright 2012 Jasmine Haynes
Prologue

He saw her out of the corner of his eye as he crossed the lobby. She was just a flash in his periphery. His immediate thought was that he hadn’t believed he’d ever see her again, accompanied by emotions of loss, need, desire, and even anger. Quickly on the heels of that came the understanding that yes, of course, she was here in San Francisco, right where her sister said she’d be. Vast relief. Intense joy. Her name was on the tip of his tongue, yet the moment he turned, ready to call it out, the name vanished. It was like a dream you suddenly woke from, where one moment you were convinced it was real, and the next, the details were gone. He realized he didn’t know the woman at all.

Her mahogany hair, damp from the rain, swayed across her back as she walked at a fast clip, her tennis shoes incongruous with a tailored skirt that outlined her trim curves. Her blouse, also damp, clung to her enticingly. In profile, her eyelashes were long and lush, the color of her eyes darker than her hair. She didn’t smile, didn’t look at anyone, not even him though he’d stopped to watch her.

No, he didn’t know her, her fine-boned features unfamiliar, yet he still felt that original smack of recognition. It was something in the way she moved. But her name...her name was gone, not even a hint of its rhythm or the letter it began with.

She joined the throng in front of the elevators, shuffled forward as the middle car arrived, and filed inside amid the dense crowd. She turned to face front, meeting his eyes—though he could have imagined that.

He stood a moment longer, a rock in a stream of office workers. Perhaps she’d had surgery, changed her nose or altered her delicate jaw line. Something...he couldn’t put his finger on it, because really, she wasn’t familiar. At least not in looks.

Someone jostled his arm, he shook himself, then dashed to the elevator, making it on just before the doors closed. The car stopped and started at several floors, then she brushed past him to exit on the twelfth.

His skin heated with the brief contact, his heart raced. And he was struck anew with the sense that he’d known her. Intimately.

I hope you enjoyed this excerpt of Twisted By Love, Reincarnation Tales, Book 1. You can read a different excerpt on my website.  The book is available now for Kindle, Nook, All Romance, and Smashwords. Other venues coming soon.

4 comments:

Shelley said...

I just bought my copy for Kindle and cannot wait to read!! Thanks again for all you do!

Jennifer Skully/Jasmine Haynes said...

Thank you, Shelley! I hope you'll try to free books I've got on Kindle, Too!

Shelley said...

Oh yeah! I have those suckers on my Kindle. I keep thinking I'll give my paperback versions away but I can't seem to part with them.

Jennifer Skully/Jasmine Haynes said...

I'm so happy you couldn't give up the paper versions! I still have many of my favorite paperbacks, too, just can't part with them.

 

Customized Blog by Author Designs